Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#7)

Hiya! I have been ignoring Tuesday memes for about a month. I was too slow reading my books.
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should by Reading. I feel so shamed I haven't finished Northlight by Deborah J Ross. But there are some new books in my pile too.

NorthlightThe Lonesome Gods    Death After Midnight (The Jaared Sen Quartet)

"The smile in her rainwater eyes, the slow turning of her head. Away from me, always away from me and toward the twist of sunlight. Never looking directly at it, but drawn, as if it pulled her someplace I couldn't follow."
~ p.252, "Northlight" by Deborah J Ross (Deborah Wheeler)

"Lying awake in the dark, I thought of that lost ship, trapped in an inland sea from which it could not escape, sailing around and around forever until someday it ran aground and could sail no more. I dreamed of finding that ship and going aboard and finding chests of gold and chests of pearl."
~ p.61, "The Lonesome Gods" by Louis L'Amour


"She was slender, graceful as a willow, and beautiful. This was Meghan... and I was in love."
~ p.147, "The Lonesome Gods" by Louis L'Amour

Paulette looked back over her shoulder and frowned at him. Her pretty young face belied the ancient knowledge in her eyes. Dont be silly, Emile. Do not go back today.

Anyone can play along Teaser Tuesday! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


1 comment :

  1. Interesting teasers! You're reading a lot (: Here's my TEASER (:

    btw, you might also want to join our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...