Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (Aug. 21)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @Should Be Reading. Every week we participate in this meme by sharing two catchy sentences from your currently reading pile. For more information regarding the meme, head over to MizB's blog

My Teasers:

Amongst others I'm sharing with you the most famous and my favorite quote from John Grisham's The Rainmaker.

“I'm alone and outgunned, scared and inexperienced, but I'm right.”
-- The Rainmaker by John Grisham (p. 341)
Bill understood when Grania told him about this very old man she just couldn't get out of her mind even though she had tried and tried. He was as old as her own father, and smoked and wheezed and would probably be dead in a couple of years the way he went on, but she had never met anyone who attracted her so much.” 
-- Evening Class by Maeve Binchy (p. 91)
But they never reached Odessa. In the little Polish town of Oswiecim they were taken off the train by men in uniform and cremated the same day.” 
-- Soul of Wood by Jakov Lind (p. 1)


10 comments :

  1. im amazed you can read 3 books at once, i cant do that! i need to focus on one at a time hehe. great teasers, i hope you enjoy them.

    Check out my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! The second caught my attention -- who would be attracted to an old stinky geezer, unless you were a gold digger.

    The last one made me sad.

    Haven't seen you for awhile. We're still here just undergoing a blog facelift. Stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teasers. I loved The Rainmaker movie, haven't read the book though. So surprised at the fact that you can read so many books at once! :)

    Thanks for stopping by
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers, thanx for sharing!!

    Here's My TT!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Luna: Thanks, but I can't manage more than that.

    @Georgia Girls: Well, the girl in the book is attracted to him.
    I wasn't around for almost a year.
    Have come from a long long leave.

    @Felicia: I haven't watched the movie. But the book is great. Poor Rudy.

    @Naomi: Thanks for stopping by, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I've never heard of Soul of Wood but it sounds interesting so I'm checking it out. And I don't think I ever got around to Grisham's The Rainmaker even though it's pretty well known (then again I don't remember which of Grisham's books I've read for sure, lol)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier! =)

    - Li @ rulethewaves.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Teasers! Haven't heard of these but they sound interesting! Thanks for sharing and stopping by My TT! 


    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Maeve Binchy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers! I love John Grisham's Books. Thanks so much for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lianne: Soul of woods is WWII fiction. If you like historical, particularly WW fiction, this is for you.

    @MåїÐÂ: Glad you liked them.

    @Autumn Review: This is my first Maeve Binchy book. I hope I'll like it.

    @Cheles Bells: I love Grisham books too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...