Thursday, November 28, 2013

Quotes from "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett


Goodreads Amazon | My Review
I skipped my graduation ceremony at Ole Miss. All my close friends had dropped out to get married and I didn't see the point in making Mama and Daddy drive three hours just to watch me walk across a stage, when what Mother really wanted was to watch me walk down the aisle. (p. 68)

“I head down the steps to see if my mail-order copy of Catcher in the Rye is in the box. I always order the banned books from a black market dealer in California, figuring if the State of Mississippi banned them, they must be good. (p. 70)


“I've been fired more times than I have fingers. I pray to God I can get my job back on Monday. (p. 228)

Mister Johnny knows about me. Miss Celia knows Mister Johnny knows about me. But Mister Johnny doesn't know that Miss Celia knows he knows. (p. 301)

“Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought. (p. 418)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...