Friday, September 12, 2014

#FF Hop & BBH: About Book Discovery & Books I Want to Read Again for the First Time

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee @ Parajunkee's View and Alison @ Alison Can Read. It's a fun meme for exploring new blogs and gaining new followers.
This week's question:
Before blogging (dark times people!) how would you find out about new books or did you? - Suggested by A Great Read

My Answer:
To be honest, I hadn't read a lot of books before I started blogging. I used to borrow books from my school library (mostly old ones) and never tried to look for new books. In July 2010, I joined Goodreads and a couple of months later I created my own blog. After that, my whole reading life changed.
Follow on Bloglovin
*******************************************************
Book Blogger Hop
Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop, a feature hosted by Billy from Rambling of Coffee Addicted Writer. This weekly feature is a great way to connect with new people in the book blogging world.
This Week's Question:
What books would you want to read again for the first time? - Suggested by Camille
My Answer:
My favorite book genres are mystery, thriller, and historical fiction. However, some books that I want to read again are out of my reading genres.
Historical Fiction:
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review) -- By far, the best historical fiction I have read!
  • Footsteps in an Empty Room by Lilly Sommers (Goodreads | Amazon) -- This is a historical romance and one of the few that I have read so far. This book is set in Australia and has a paranormal touch to it.
Western:
  • The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review) -- The only western book that I have read, and I want to read it again and again.
Young Adult: (cried a lot while reading these two books!)
Classics:
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Goodreads | Amazon) -- Already read twice, still I want to read it again!
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (Goodreads | Amazon) -- This is one of the most unforgettable classic that I have read.
  • Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review) -- Despite the fact that I don't like Bathsheba (the lead female character), this is one of my favorite books.
Mystery/Thriller:
  • The Payback by Simon Kernick (Goodreads | Amazon | My Review) -- Simon Kernick has become one of my favorite authors and his character Dennis Milne is one of my favorite protagonists. The Payback is the last book of the Dennis Milne series, and one that I absolutely loved!
So which books do you want to read again for the first time?
If you're a new visitor to my blog, feel free to connect with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...