Sunday, December 26, 2010

Endless Night by Agatha Christie


"It was a love at first sight. Michael Rogers finding the beautiful Ellie in those beautiful woods on that chilly evening. And things begin to move on. Mike, who has been doing low-profile jobs, has finally found his dream. Not only Ellie is an American heiress, she now owns the land of Gypsy’s Acre, the place where the couple will built their dream homes. As it turned out, there is a legend about the place being cursed. Not long after these creepiest things begin to happen, a tragic event occurs. Ellie dies.”
Goodreads | Amazon  | Audiobook

This was the second Agatha Christie book I picked up for reading and was once again outwitted by the author. I doubt that I will ever find another non-detective mystery as different as this one. The first few lines occupied me and I found myself engrossed in the book. Although the story is slow-paced and I wanted to skip several pages at the beginning to know what’s going to happen next, the plot really deserved this slow pace. So, it’s a mouth-watering mystery which requires a bit of patience. The narrator is Michael Rogers who takes you through his life's story beginning with first ever meeting with his wife, Ellie, a rich beautiful girl, to her sudden tragic death. There are gypsy warnings, the rumors of curse about the couple's living place, the Gypsy's Acre, and the girl's hungry-for-wealth relatives, making it difficult for Mike to unmask the culprit. The end is shell-shocking. It wasn't the least bit close to what I expected. I desperately wanted to add some spoilers but thought better of it. Still, if you want to know, just let me know.


My Rating:

More Mystery/Thrillers on KBB!

*cover from LibraryThing

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...