Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Northlight by Deborah J Ross (Deborah Wheeler)


Kardith, a woman Ranger, sets out to find her lost partner Aviyya. The political situation of the country worsens, after the assassination of Pateros leaving her with little hope of finding any help to rescue Aviyya. Finally Kardith realizes that nobody is willing to help her except a young scholar and horse doctor. Surely, this is not the company Kardith had wanted. But she has to move on.

While Kardith is trying hard to push past her life tragedies, young Terricel also endures the pain of losing her beloved. There is no denying that there is something special about him. Only Terricel can feel the Northlight. But what is Northlight in the first place? As the journey to the North and back, they realize that not only they have to rescue Aviyya but also save Laurea by unveiling a deadly conspiracy.


I always hesitate to review my favorite books thinking my review wouldn't do justice with the book. This book turned out to be my favorite from page 1. I received the e-copy of this book through LibraryThing Giveaway. This book took me pretty long time to read, partly because of the fact that I didn't want it finish. The author produced a very vivid descriptions of landscapes and the fictitious Laureal City. The book is half narrated by Kardith, and half in the third person. I personally enjoy the books with switching narration. I loved the characters, especially Kardith and Terricel. There wasn't much about their pasts in the beginning, it was revealed as the story went on. This is a great book and I strongly recommend it to fantasy lovers.

My Rating:
Want to check out Top 10 Quotes from the book?
Love Fantasies? More Fantasies here!
Love adventure novels? More here!

Northlight



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...