Thursday, October 3, 2013

Quotes from "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman

I procrastinated reading this book for a long time, but now that I have read it I'm compiling my favorite quotes from the books.
Goodreads | Amazon | My Review
They would walk, on fair evenings, around the village, and discuss the theory of crop rotation, and the weather, and other such sensible matters; and on these walks, upon which they were invariably accompanied by Daisys mother and younger sister walking a healthy six paces behind, they would, from time to time, stare at each other lovingly.” (p. 6)

Because, announced Tristarn, every lover is in his heart a madman, and in his head a minstrel. (p. 62)

‘Well,’ he said, ‘f’r example, if they ask where youve come from, you could say “Behind me,” and if they asked where youre going, youd say “In front of me.” ‘I see,’ said Tristran, unimpressed. (p. 63)

“It has occassionally been remarked upon that it is as easy to overlook something large and obvious as it is to overlook something small and niggling, and that the large things one overlooks can often cause problems.
 (p. 167)

1 comment :

  1. I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, you can find out more on my blog, you will also find my questions here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...