Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Character Names I Love/Unusual Character Names


Weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. It's about making bookish lists and sharing them.

Character Names I Love (in no particular order)
1. "Soda" from The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (Goodreads Amazon My Review)
As the name itself suggests, Soda is a handsome, funny and cheerful teenager. My favorite character from the book.
2. "Augustus Waters" from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Goodreads | Amazon)
I finished reading this book recently, and really cried. It's one of those character names you are never going to forget.
3. "Heathcliff" from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Goodreads | Amazon)
Probably the first character I fell for and still adore.
4. "Luna Lovegood" from Harry Potter Series by J K Rowling
Doesn't it sound sweet and adorable?

Unusual Character Names (in no particular order)
5. "Campbell Alexander" from My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Amazon)
As mentioned in the book itself, Campbell as a first name makes it unusual.
6. "Yvaine" from Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Goodreads Amazon | My Review)
Beautiful and unusual name, not sure if I pronounced it right while reading the book.
7. "Tomboy" from The Payback by Simon Kernick (Goodreads Amazon | My Review)
Not a particularly good character, in fact a criminal, but I have a teeny tiny liking for him.
8. "Terricel" from Northlight by Deborah J Ross (Goodreads Amazon My Review)
I have never heard of this name before. I read this book a long time ago and even now I have no idea how to pronounce it.

4 comments :

  1. Luna Lovegood! And practically every other name from the Harry Potter series (are in my heart). Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! There's actually a character named Soda?!?! That's awesome!!!!!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is. And I'm pretty sure you'll love him if you read this book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...